1. From the Home screen click “Settings” and then “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
2. Select the email account you wanted to modify.
3. Scroll down to “Outgoing Mail Server” and click “SMTP”.
4. Click on the “Primary Server” and make sure the slider is “ON”
5. Enter the host name in this format:
But replace the “example.com” part with your domain name and then:
Enter your username (your FULL email address) and the password you assigned to that account
Change “Use SSL” to OFF
6. In the “Authentication” section set it to “Password”
7. Set the “Server Port” to 587
Note – as mentioned toward the top of this article, when you change these server settings may encounter a “Cannot Verify Server Identity” message, sometimes several times in a row, and you may have to click “Continue” each time to move forward.
Depending on your device, you may need to click a “Done” button now.
8. Go back to the main “Settings” page and then get out of the config all-together.
You should now be able to send email from your device since it is now properly SMTP Authenticating.